- BRI Delivers White Night Melbourne 2017
- BRI Has Become Part of Certis, A Regional Security Powerhouse
- BRI supports the Olivia Newton John Wellness Walk and Research Run 2016
- Major Projects Victoria appoints BRI Security to Princess Pier
- BRI Welcomes Government House
- BRI Supports the Bully Zero Australia Foundation
- Sydney Trains appoints BRI Security
- BRI Secures St Collins Lane
- BRI Security secures the new City of Perth Library
- BRI "Runs for the Kids"
- New BRI Fleet / Response Vehicles
- BRI delivers a safe White Night Melbourne yet again
- BRI Security Secures La Trobe University
- BRI Security proudly protecting TAFE NSW - Sydney Institute
- Weiwei & Warhol Exhibition Hits Melbourne
- BRI Rebrands
- Western Sydney University
- Mundine vs Hatley Boxing Event
- BRI Security Secures the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- BRI Security Secures Public Record Office of Victoria
- BRI Security Re-signs ACMI
- BRI Security Secures the National Gallery of Victoria
- BRI Security Retains Bendigo Kangan
- BRI extends its portfolio of education institutions
- October is Safe Work Australia Month. How protected are your staff members?
- BRIís Longest Serving Employee Celebrates 20 Years
- BRI security receive acclaim on TripAdvisor (again)
- BRI obtains accreditation to provide Performance and Management Services from NSW Government
- Raise in the National Terrorism Public Alert level to High
- Business Risks International Technology announces the release of WiComply and WiDuress
- 2014 Customer Survey Results
- BRI wins contract for the Australia Council for the Arts Sydney headquarters
- Setting the Standard Ė The need for standardisation in auditing management systems
- Business Risks International Receives High Staff Satisfaction
- BRI security ranks high among customer satisfaction at the Art Gallery of Western Australia
- BRI celebrates 25 years of business excellence
- BRI awarded the security contract for Perth's Cultural Centre
- BRI wins the protective security services contract for St Martins Centre, Perth
- BRI starts work at Northern Metropolitan Institute of TAFE, Melbourne
- BRI named preferred contractor for Rialto Towers, Melbourne
- Hostile Environment PSD Operator's Course - Lop Buri, Thailand
- BRI becomes an ICoC Signatory Company
- Cloud InSynergy
- BRI announces contractual agreement with Rydges Bell City
- BRI's New National Office
- Environmental Management Systems Scheme
- BRI opens an office in Singapore
- Australian National Maritime Museum awards BRI Contract for Security and Front of House operations
- Securing the Data
- Boston University joins the ranks of BRI clients
- BRI gains AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Accreditation
- BRI provides security advice for TMAG redevelopment
- Polding Centre - A new contract for BRI in Sydney's CBD
- BRI adds another Major Institute to its Educational Portfolio
- National Quality Management Accreditation
- BRI Secures Long Term Contract with RMIT University
- BRI Wins Fairfax Media Security Contract
- BRI Expands in Western Australia
- BRI protects Australia's largest Cathedral
- BRI Wins Brisbane ABC Media Contract
- BRI Opens up Brisbane Office
- BRI Celebrates 20 Years of Service
- BRI Wins National AMP Contract
- BRI Commences National Operations for Coles Group
- BRI Signs Up Another University
- BRI Wins Australian Securities and Investment Commission Contract
- BRI Wins University of Western Sydney Security Contract
- BRI Wins City of Sydney Contract
- BRI Wins Movie Contract
- BRI Announces TAFE NSW Joint Training Venture
- BRI Goes Bush for CTTT
- BRI Goes Green With Toyota Yaris
- BRI Awarded Willoughby Council Security Contract
- BRI Forms Strategic Partnership in Indonesia
- BRI Kangan Batman TAFE Online Joint Learning Venture
- Abbott Pharmaceuticals Chooses Multi-Skilled BRI staff
- BRI Wins Prestigious Docklands Security Contract
- BRI Broadens Asia Penetration
- BRI Concierge Services Go National
- QBE Announces Workers Compensation Good Management
- Counter-Terrorism Training for Victoria
- BRI Wins Five Year Multi-Million Dollar Sydney Bus Transit Contract
- BRI Wins National Gallery of Victoria Security Review
- BRI Obtains NSW Government Accredited Security Supplier Status
- BRI Wins Risk Management Review Contract for $700 Million Spencer Street Station Upgrade
- BRI To Supply Security Services to Melbourne's QV Complex
Raise in the National Terrorism Public Alert level to High
You are here: Home » News » Raise in the National Terrorism Public Alert level to High
22 September 2014
With the recent increase of the National Terrorist Alert to "High" and the recent counter terrorist raids in Sydney and Brisbane, it is a good time for organisations to review their security, safety and emergency management procedures to ensure they are updated and in line with the raised Terror Alert.
What is the National Terrorism Public Alert System?
The National Terrorism Public Alert System guides national preparation and planning. It also dictates levels of precaution and vigilance to minimise the risk of a terrorist incident occurring. The system is a range of four levels that communicate an assessed risk of terrorist threat to Australia. The four levels are:
• Low-terrorist attack is not expected
• Medium-terrorist attack could occur
• High-terrorist attack is likely
• Extreme-terrorist attack is imminent or has occurred
What should organisations do?
Firstly, it is imperative that organisations implement a realistic approach to their security and safety. All too often companies tend to focus on providing more security when they should firstly assess the effectiveness of what they already have.
BRI recommends that a "gap analysis" be conducted to see if there is a need to actually increase security at all. Some organisations will represent a higher risk than others - so imposing the same standards across all organisations is not practicable nor the best use of resources.
Testing & Analysis of Existing Procedures & Strategies
BRI is able to conduct an analysis to assess an organisation's preparedness level by assessing:
• Effectiveness of existing emergency procedures, when they were implemented and updated and when they were last tested.
• Effectiveness of perimeter security including lighting, CCTV camera, physical barriers, intruder alarm and access control.
• Effectiveness of existing security procedures in relation to identification of staff, visitors, couriers and contractors etc.
• Effectiveness of staff training.
• Effectiveness of staff awareness and "security consciousness".
• Effectiveness of disaster and emergency response strategies.
Only after a Gap Analysis is conducted as above should organisations consider any increases in security, emergency or safety expenditure.
Providing Staff with "Peace of Mind"
Not only will the assessment provide the organisation with confidence they have an effective security strategy in place, the assessment also goes a long way in providing staff with confidence that the organisation values their safety and has done everything practical to protect them.
25 years Professional National and International Experience
Business Risks International is comprised of a number of expert law enforcement, counter terrorist and professional security consultants and has been providing such services for governments and national and international organisations for more than 25 years, both in Australia and overseas.
For further information please contact Mytch Jeffrey - Managing Director, Business Risks International at firstname.lastname@example.org