- BRI Delivers White Night Melbourne 2017
- BRI Has Become Part of Certis, A Regional Security Powerhouse
- BRI supports the Olivia Newton John Wellness Walk and Research Run 2016
- Major Projects Victoria appoints BRI Security to Princess Pier
- BRI Welcomes Government House
- BRI Supports the Bully Zero Australia Foundation
- Sydney Trains appoints BRI Security
- BRI Secures St Collins Lane
- BRI Security secures the new City of Perth Library
- BRI "Runs for the Kids"
- New BRI Fleet / Response Vehicles
- BRI delivers a safe White Night Melbourne yet again
- BRI Security Secures La Trobe University
- BRI Security proudly protecting TAFE NSW - Sydney Institute
- Weiwei & Warhol Exhibition Hits Melbourne
- BRI Rebrands
- Western Sydney University
- Mundine vs Hatley Boxing Event
- BRI Security Secures the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- BRI Security Secures Public Record Office of Victoria
- BRI Security Re-signs ACMI
- BRI Security Secures the National Gallery of Victoria
- BRI Security Retains Bendigo Kangan
- BRI extends its portfolio of education institutions
- October is Safe Work Australia Month. How protected are your staff members?
- BRIís Longest Serving Employee Celebrates 20 Years
- BRI security receive acclaim on TripAdvisor (again)
- BRI obtains accreditation to provide Performance and Management Services from NSW Government
- Raise in the National Terrorism Public Alert level to High
- Business Risks International Technology announces the release of WiComply and WiDuress
- 2014 Customer Survey Results
- BRI wins contract for the Australia Council for the Arts Sydney headquarters
- Setting the Standard Ė The need for standardisation in auditing management systems
- Business Risks International Receives High Staff Satisfaction
- BRI security ranks high among customer satisfaction at the Art Gallery of Western Australia
- BRI celebrates 25 years of business excellence
- BRI awarded the security contract for Perth's Cultural Centre
- BRI wins the protective security services contract for St Martins Centre, Perth
- BRI starts work at Northern Metropolitan Institute of TAFE, Melbourne
- BRI named preferred contractor for Rialto Towers, Melbourne
- Hostile Environment PSD Operator's Course - Lop Buri, Thailand
- BRI becomes an ICoC Signatory Company
- Cloud InSynergy
- BRI announces contractual agreement with Rydges Bell City
- BRI's New National Office
- Environmental Management Systems Scheme
- BRI opens an office in Singapore
- Australian National Maritime Museum awards BRI Contract for Security and Front of House operations
- Securing the Data
- Boston University joins the ranks of BRI clients
- BRI gains AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Accreditation
- BRI provides security advice for TMAG redevelopment
- Polding Centre - A new contract for BRI in Sydney's CBD
- BRI adds another Major Institute to its Educational Portfolio
- National Quality Management Accreditation
- BRI Secures Long Term Contract with RMIT University
- BRI Wins Fairfax Media Security Contract
- BRI Expands in Western Australia
- BRI protects Australia's largest Cathedral
- BRI Wins Brisbane ABC Media Contract
- BRI Opens up Brisbane Office
- BRI Celebrates 20 Years of Service
- BRI Wins National AMP Contract
- BRI Commences National Operations for Coles Group
- BRI Signs Up Another University
- BRI Wins Australian Securities and Investment Commission Contract
- BRI Wins University of Western Sydney Security Contract
- BRI Wins City of Sydney Contract
- BRI Wins Movie Contract
- BRI Announces TAFE NSW Joint Training Venture
- BRI Goes Bush for CTTT
- BRI Goes Green With Toyota Yaris
- BRI Awarded Willoughby Council Security Contract
- BRI Forms Strategic Partnership in Indonesia
- BRI Kangan Batman TAFE Online Joint Learning Venture
- Abbott Pharmaceuticals Chooses Multi-Skilled BRI staff
- BRI Wins Prestigious Docklands Security Contract
- BRI Broadens Asia Penetration
- BRI Concierge Services Go National
- QBE Announces Workers Compensation Good Management
- Counter-Terrorism Training for Victoria
- BRI Wins Five Year Multi-Million Dollar Sydney Bus Transit Contract
- BRI Wins National Gallery of Victoria Security Review
- BRI Obtains NSW Government Accredited Security Supplier Status
- BRI Wins Risk Management Review Contract for $700 Million Spencer Street Station Upgrade
- BRI To Supply Security Services to Melbourne's QV Complex
BRI Wins Five Year Multi-Million Dollar Sydney Bus Transit Contract
You are here: Home » News » BRI Wins Five Year Multi-Million Dollar Sydney Bus Transit Contract
1 July 2007
BRI is pleased to announce its appointment as security provider for The State Transit Authority of NSW (STA) Sydney Buses division.
Sydney Buses carry more than 600,000 people each day on a network of over 300 routes and have 13 depot locations throughout the Sydney metropolitan area.
BRI’s appointment came at the end of an extensive six-month tender process and involves static, on-bus and mobile security services.
“We selected BRI because they were the standout applicant in terms of presentation, methodologies, processes and cost” said STA Operational Security Officer Gary Durler.
“Their long-term experience, comprehensive management structure and dedicated 24-hour inspection regime are impressive” he said.
The five year multi-million dollar contract has meant employment of an additional 80 staff by BRI.
“Recruiting and training the best possible staff has been a focus for the company for the past six months and we can now definitely say that our efforts have succeeded” said BRI Managing Director Mytch Jeffrey.
“The STA contract requires three very different types of security officer. Because we provide 24/7 static, on-bus driver assistance and vehicle support for buses, we need to ensure that our staff are suited and trained to the unique challenges of their individual roles”.
An integral part of the contract has been developing a close working relationship with the Police in the Eastern Suburbs and North Shore Local Area Commands.
Accordingly, and with the safety of drivers and passengers being a priority for the Government, STA has increased the number of BRI security guards on a number of its routes. The result has been immediate and positive.
“Our approach has been comprehensive and in a number of ways outside of the box. We have spent considerable time understanding and analysing the issues and with STA and the police developing long term sustainable strategies. I am very pleased with the results to date and the fact that we have been able to build upon a value add risk based service. It is always great to get praises from management, the drivers, passengers, and police” said Mytch Jeffrey.