Key Team Members
- John Portoglou - Managing Director
- Robert Platteel - Director Strategy and Business Development
- Nick Drak - Director Operations
- Paul Qiu - Director / Finance
- Michael Portoglou - State Manager VIC / TAS
- Jackie Wasserman - State Manager WA / SA / NT
- Ahmed Homsi - State Manager NSW / QLD
- Rebecca Brown - Compliance Manager
- John Doble - Principal Consultant
- Stephen Mizzi - Security Operations Manager, Transport and Infrastructure
- Shafiqul Islam - Accounting Services Manager
- Joanne Drew - Company Accountant
- Jamie Yu - Assistant Accountant
- Callan Lynes - Client Services Manager
- Emmanouel Pagomenos - Client Services Manager
- Joe Kabbara - Client Services Manager
- Sonny Sawhney - Client Services Manager
- Kamahl Mashni - State Operations Manager
- Richard Moss - Client Services Manager
- David Peel - Client Services Manager
- Nick Graves - Client Services Manager
Robert Platteel - Director Strategy and Business Development
You are here: Home » Management Team » Robert Platteel - Director Strategy and Business Development
With a career spanning over 25 years, Robert is an experienced leader in the field of security, investigations, enterprise resilience and risk management.
Prior to joining BRI, Robert was enterprise head of security for Australia's largest financial service provider, a multi-billion dollar business with risk exposure in every major market globally. Having led change at a senior management level in both the private and government sector Robert understands the drivers of good business and value added service.
A former detective inspector and head of the NSW Police School of Investigation and Intelligence Robert led the team that transformed detective education in the world's 3rd largest civilian police force, aligning it with the national curriculum and providing police a pathway into graduate university qualifications. He has also contributed to the development of the risk profession during its infancy by pioneering postgraduate university education and lecturing at a faculty level at Charles Sturt University in the disciplines of general risk management, commercial crime, investigation and regulatory compliance.
Robert has graduate qualifications in risk management and investigation with postgraduate qualifications in criminology with a focus on forensic psychiatry, corporate criminal liability and advanced criminal law. He also holds a Graduate Diploma of Business Administration.