Key Team Members
- John Portoglou - Managing Director
- Robert Platteel - Director Strategy and Business Development
- Nick Drak - Director Operations
- Paul Qiu - Director / Finance
- Michael Portoglou - State Manager VIC / TAS
- Jackie Wasserman - State Manager WA / SA / NT
- Ahmed Homsi - State Manager NSW / QLD
- Rebecca Brown - Compliance Manager
- John Doble - Principal Consultant
- Stephen Mizzi - Security Operations Manager, Transport and Infrastructure
- Shafiqul Islam - Accounting Services Manager
- Joanne Drew - Company Accountant
- Jamie Yu - Assistant Accountant
- Callan Lynes - Client Services Manager
- Emmanouel Pagomenos - Client Services Manager
- Joe Kabbara - Client Services Manager
- Sonny Sawhney - Client Services Manager
- Kamahl Mashni - State Operations Manager
- Richard Moss - Client Services Manager
- David Peel - Client Services Manager
- Nick Graves - Client Services Manager
Michael Portoglou - State Manager VIC / TAS
Michael is an experienced security and law enforcement professional with over 34 years' experience in frontline, specialist policing and public order practices.
Michael has spent numerous years in a variety of roles within Victoria Police and the Australian Federal Police (AFP). Michael has specialised in Criminal Investigations, Public Order, Emergency Management and Event Management. Michael is also experienced in conducting Security Risk Assessments as a member of the former Victoria Police Crime Prevention Bureau. Michael left Victoria Police at the rank of Sergeant and his last tenure was as a frontline supervisor managing Critical Incident Response, Emergency and Event Management, and rostering resources in the Macedon Ranges Police Service Area.
Prior to joining BRI, Michael held the position of Head of Security at the Vision City Mega Mall, located in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. He was responsible for asset management, emergency management, critical incident management and response, investigations, security risk management, human resource management, and security contractor management.
Michael holds formal qualifications in Project Management, Workplace Training and Assessing, Security Risk Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Emergency Management, Human Resource Management, Public Incident Management and Tactical Response.
Michael holds a Diploma of Security and Risk Management and a Diploma of Government (Security).