Environmental Management Policy
BRI will monitor the use of its natural resources, both renewable and non-renewable, and maximise the efficiency and effectiveness in which they are used, by the use of the environmental management system which applies to all operations and services provided by BRI. All BRI staff including contracted staff in Australia and overseas are expected to comply with the spirit of this policy in the context of the organisation in which they work.
BRI aims to achieve continual environmental improvement through implementing a management system with objectives and targets.BRI will:
- Comply with all relevant State and Federal Legislation, agreements and other requirements to which BRI as an organisation subscribes to relating to it’s environmental aspects.
- Prevent pollution of the environment.
- Continually look for ways to minimise waste.
- Use and value recycled or recyclable materials and reduce reliance on non-renewable resources.
- Reduce paper usage and encourage the use of environmentally friendly materials, equipment and packaging.
- Aim to distribute information in the most environmentally-friendly manner.
- Encourage staff to provide suggestions as to how to improve environmental sustainability.
- Train staff to use equipment and resources in a cost effective and proper manner.
- Ensure that this Policy is relevant and applies to all Employees equally.
- Counsel or discipline Employees found to be in breach of this Policy.
- Regularly monitor and ensure compliance with this Policy.
- Undertake continual improvement of the management systems as they relate to the environment and other identified fields.